Presenting the Strandberg Boden OS6 Fixed Bridge model, this one in Transparent Satin Black with Rosewood Fingerboard.
The Boden style is the original .strandberg* shape, combining excellent ergonomics with style and aesthetics. It is named after the city Boden in the north of Sweden, drawing on the resemblance between its shape and reindeer antlers; there are no wild reindeer left in Sweden, but they are commonly farmed in the north.
The specs of the production Boden guitars are taken from the Made to Measure guitars of leading players such as Tosin Abasi, Misha Mansoor, and Chris Letchford. Materials are chosen to provide a versatile tone, applicable to all types of music, and all share the common attributes of being quick to respond and “organic” sounding. With a chambered Swamp Ash body, it normally weighs in between 2 kg/4.4 lbs – 2.3 kg/5 lbs depending on pickups, and yet remains perfectly balanced. The contoured body shape allows multiple comfortable seated playing positions and the low weight saves your shoulders and neck. The patented EndurNeck™ shape relaxes muscles, joints, and tendons in your hand, wrist and forearm, and encourages a more correct playing position. When you feel better, you sound better.
The Boden OS line is manufactured at the highly regarded World Musical Instruments factory in Korea, to Strandberg's exact specifications, from the same high quality materials as all of their guitars with no corners cut. Final Quality Control and setup is done by Strandberg Guitars trained staff locally, and the guitar is shipped with a signed QC checklist. Boden OS guitars are delivered in a lightweight padded gig bag.
The EndurNeck™ is a patented neck profile that provides many benefits:
- By utilizing flat surfaces rather than a round profile, it provides a more restful grip for the thumb
- Your hand is much stronger when gripping something thick than when gripping something thin, and the EndurNeck™ uses this fact in its design.
- Due to the way that it is designed, it is experienced as comfortable whether you are used to a thick or thin neck
- Chord playing at the far end of the neck is made easier
- Soloing and fret access in general at the near end of the neck is made easier
- The curved rear section and the angles of the surfaces interact to
- encourage a more correct playing position and a straighter wrist
– The result is less stress on muscles, joints and tendons, which lets you play more relaxed, with less fatigue, which results in less risk of injury and better playing
The EndurNeck was invented by Ola Strandberg and is featured exclusively on .strandberg* instruments