Presenting the all new Origin Effects MAGMA57 Amp Vibrato and Drive Pedal.
Combine lush, shimmering vibrato with a smooth, clear overdrive tone and you’ve got a sound that has inspired both legendary guitarists and renowned amp designers. The new MAGMA57 from Origin Effects brings the best of the Magnatone 200 Series amplifiers to your pedalboard—delivering everything from warm, jazzy clean tones to full-on swirling psychedelia.
Key Features of the MAGMA57:
- True pitch-modulating vibrato
- Reactive overdrive designed for authentic sound and playing feel
- Comprehensive Post-Drive EQ section to seamlessly match the MAGMA57 to your amp
- Tour grade, all metal construction
- Effects system integration for convenient control
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching
- Designed and built in England
WHEN IS VIBRATO REALLY VIBRATO?
The MAGMA57 authentically recreates the pitch-bending vibrato effect built into the Magnatone ® Custom 260 and 280 models from the late 1950s. These top-of-the-range combos featured a unique two-stage vibrato circuit that offered true pitch modulation—unlike the volume-changing tremolo effect built into other amps. For many players it remains the benchmark for lush, organic vibrato.
Going beyond pure pitch modulation, The MAGMA57 features two additional Blend modes to create a fascinating range of modulation flavors. When wet and dry signals are combined in-phase, MAGMA57 delivers the classic pseudo-rotary speaker phasing of another benchmark effect: the Univox Uni-Vibe. Summing these signals 180° out-of-phase generates both phasing and amplitude modulation, creating a stunning chorus-type effect unique to MAGMA57.
A WINNING COMBO
The MAGMA57 ’s amp section is inspired by the Magnatone ® Model 213 ‘Troubadour’. A true hidden gem, this dual-6V6 combo expands on the blueprint of the Tweed Deluxe by gently reining in the low end and adding a unique semi-passive, semi-active tone control. The result is an amp that delivers the raw, organic overdrive of the Deluxe, but with a tighter low end that retains definition when pushed hard. The MAGMA57 features a complete valve amp-style signal path recreated with discrete analogue circuitry, and uses Origin Effects’ Reactive Drive technology to deliver complex, dynamically responsive amp tones.
POWERFUL POST-DRIVE EQ
The MAGMA57 no-compromise Post-Drive EQ lets you tailor the pedal’s output to suit your amp, ensuring your clean AND overdrive tones always sound their best. MAGMA57 even includes a touring-friendly Power Amp Mode for compatibility with flat-response power amplifiers, so you can keep the show on the road whatever happens.
Designed with the touring musician in mind, MAGMA57 features a TRS footswitch jack so you can connect a Tap Tempo switch or a complete effects switching system like the Boss ES5 or TheGigRig G2.
BUILT FOR THE ROAD
Housed in a hand polished, brushed stainless steel enclosure and furnished with aluminium controls, Neutrik jack sockets and heavy-duty footswitch, the MAGMA57 is at home on the road as it is in the studio.
Controls on the MAGMA57:
- VIBE footswitch – Switches the vibrato effect on and off. When VIBE is turned on the jewel light will turn white and will pulse at the selected vibrato speed.
- DRIVE – behaves like the Volume knob on a vintage non-master-volume guitar amplifier. Set low for clean sounds or turn it up for more overdrive.
- TONE – Turn up for a brighter sound. Turn down to tame highs.• OUTPUT – overall pedal output level
- SPEED – Turn up to increase the rate of the vibrato effect. The range of the SPEED control is set by the three-position MULTI switch.
- MULTI – applies a preset multiplier to the speed of the vibrato, whether it is set by the pedal’s SPEED knob or by attaching an external tap tempo footswitch.
- BLEND - The BLEND switches offers three distinct flavours of modulation.
- INTENSITY – controls the depth of the vibrato.
- POST-DRIVE EQ – three presets allow quick compatibility when plugging into Blackface, Plexi, and flat-response amps. Fine-tune the top-end further with the ADJ trimmer.
MAGNATONE® is a registered trademark of Magnatone, LLC. Origin Effects has no affiliation with Magnatone, LLC.
Origin Effects - An Introduction to MAGMA57 - Part 1: Amp Circuitry
Origin Effects - An Introduction to MAGMA57 - Part 2: Amp Vibrato
Origin Effects - An Introduction to MAGMA57 - Part 3: Post-Drive EQ Setup
Weight: 900 g (1.98 lb)
Dimensions: 143 × 93 × 65 mm (5.62 x 3.66 x 2.56 in.) L x W x H - Includes knobs and switches
Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
Current Draw: 100 mA
Power Supply Jack: 9V DC 2.1 mm centre-negative
We are open Tuesday-Saturday from 10am until 6pm CDT.
Any order placed before 3pm CDT Tuesday through Saturday is processed for shipment the same day. Orders placed Sunday-Monday will be processed for shipment the following Tuesday.
For Free Shipping items, Effects pedals and small goods items are generally shipped via USPS Priority Mail, and Guitars and Amplifiers are generally shipped via UPS Ground.
Due to our central location in the middle of the US, most orders will be delivered within 1-3 days delivery time.
Other shipping methods are available (at an additional cost), including next day air.
Please call us directly at (972)540-6420 if you have any questions regarding shipping for your order.