The OD-200 Hybrid Drive brings next-level sound, feel, and flexibility to overdrive and distortion, combining decades of BOSS tone expertise with innovative technologies. Powered by hybrid analog/digital circuitry, this dream pedal delivers any drive tone you can imagine via 12 primary modes, 15 boost types, series/parallel gain paths, and more. There’s even an advanced gate on board, ideal for both eliminating noise and adding tightness to high-gain drive tones.
The OD-200 Features:
- Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
- Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
- Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
- Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favorite sounds
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adapter or three AA-size batteries
The OD-200’s next-generation hybrid design seamlessly brings analog and digital clipping circuits together for the best of all worlds, putting a universe of expressive drive colors under your fingers. Twelve modes offer a variety of premium overdrive, fuzz, and distortion sounds, including a high-gain Brown mode derived from the acclaimed Katana amplifier series. And with the three high-performance “X” drive modes powered by BOSS’s cutting-edge MDP tech, you’ll experience enhanced definition, clarity, and dynamic response that’s perfect for modern playing styles.
While each of the OD-200’s 12 main drive modes sound fantastic on their own, you’re able to craft tones even further with 15 switchable boost circuits. Placing the boost in series lets you create traditional stacked drive voices, complete with post-gain level to balance with the bypassed sound or kick up the volume for solos. The boost circuit can also be used in parallel with the main mode, enabling side-by-side blending for an unlimited range of unique drive textures.
With its integrated gate circuit, the OD-200 always keeps your signal clear and quiet when you’re not playing. The default setting is a great starting point, providing gentle, transparent gating that works well for general playing styles. The decay and threshold controls can also be adjusted for super-fast gate performance when needed, perfect for bringing tightness to heavy modern styles that combine full-throttle gain with precision staccato riffing.
The OD-200 offers a ton of advanced capabilities, but remains as simple to use as any regular distortion stomp. With dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in the gain and overall level for any selected mode, then sculpt the tone with wide-ranging low, mid, and high EQ. There’s also a multi-function parameter knob, which changes operation based on the group selected with the panel’s parameter switch and LED status indicators.
After perfecting your tone with the drive, boost, and gate parameters, simply save the entire setup to one of four onboard memories for quick recall while performing. There’s also a Manual setting that reflects the current panel status, giving you an additional drive setup to choose from on the fly. You can scroll through memories with an OD-200 footswitch, and it’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster access.
By default, the OD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, boost on/off, and memory scrolling, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control of nearly any parameter is possible using footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
OD-200 Drive Modes
• Overdrive—Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
• Blues—Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
• Scream—Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
• Cntr OD—Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
• X-Drive—Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS’s Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
• Dist—Cutting distortion that’s ideal for a wide variety of styles.
• X-Dist—Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
• Stack Drive—Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
• Fat Dist—Thick, tight distortion sound that’s ideal for riffs and solos.
• Brown—Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
• X-Metal—Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
• Fuzz—Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.
*The product names mentioned on this page are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. These names are used because it is the most practical way of describing the sounds that are simulated.