Presenting the all new Boss IR-200 Amp and IR Cabinet Simulator Pedal.
Introducing the new IR-200 from Boss, the most advanced compact amp/IR solution available. This powerhouse stomp brings next-level performance to direct sound for guitar and bass, offering exceptional audio quality, premium amps, deep sound shaping, and instant sound recall with 128 memories. Over 150 hi-res cab impulse responses from BOSS and Celestion Digital are on board, plus 128 locations for loading your own mono or stereo IRs (IR is short for Impulse Response).
The IR-200 turns your pedalboard into a self-contained direct sound solution for live playing, studio recording, and practice. It delivers massive amp tones from a small footprint and smoothly integrates with all your favorite pedals, including stereo mod, delay, and reverb effects. And once you craft your tones, you can send them to a stage amp, house PA, computer recording system, or headphones—or all at once.
Standard Features of the IR-200 Include:
- Pedal-based amp simulator and impulse response loader with premium sound and features
- 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 128 user IR slots with support for mono and stereo WAV files, up to 32-bit floating point/96 kHz resolution, and 200 or 500 ms length
- Large onboard preset cab IR library with 144 BOSS IRs and 10 Celestion Digital IRs
- Class-leading IR reproduction with two custom DSPs
- Eight guitar and three bass amp types to cover a wide range of styles
- Run up to two IRs at once in mono or stereo
- 128 memories for storing user setups
- Two EQs in each memory plus two global EQs, all with selectable parametric or graphic operation
- Room, Studio, and Hall ambience types
- Effects loop with mono send and mono/stereo return, with selectable pre-cab or post-EQ positioning
- Dedicated software for loading cab IRs and backing up memories
- Versatile USB audio interface for recording and playback with music software on Mac and Windows computers and iOS devices
- Deep external control support via footswitches, an expression pedal, and TRS MIDI
- High-Resolution Stereo Cabinet IRs
- Backed by two powerful custom DSPs, the IR-200 provides exceptional IR performance with support for mono and stereo files, up to 32-bit floating point/96 kHz resolution, and up to 500 ms length for natural bass response. The 144 BOSS and 10 Celestion Digital IRs cover a vast range of cabinet and mic combinations and are always ready to use in your patches. And with the IR-200 IR Loader software for macOS and Windows, you can load in up to 128 mono or 64 stereo WAV IRs from your personal collection.
Backed by two powerful custom DSPs, the IR-200 provides exceptional IR performance with support for mono and stereo files, up to 32-bit floating point/96 kHz resolution, and up to 500 ms length for natural bass response. The 144 BOSS and 10 Celestion Digital IRs cover a vast range of cabinet and mic combinations and are always ready to use in your patches. And with the IR-200 IR Loader software for macOS and Windows, you can load in up to 128 mono or 64 stereo WAV IRs from your personal collection.
Guitar Cabinet IRs Created By BOSS (Each cabinet has six different mic types with two distance options)
- 1 x 12” : BOSS Original (Open Back)
- 2 x 12” JC-120 : Roland JC-120 (Open Back)
- 2 x 12” Jensen C-12K : Fender Twin Reverb (Open Back)
- 2 x 12” Celestion G12M Greenback : VOX AC-30 (Open Back)
- 4 x 10” Jensen P10R : Fender Bassman (Open Back)
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12M Greenback : Marshall 1960B (Closed Back)
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12T-75 : Marshall 1960B (Closed Back)
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12M Greenback : Bogner Ubercab (Closed Back)
Bass Cabinet IRs Created By BOSS (Each cabinet has six different mic types with two distance options)
- 1 x 18” SWR : Big Ben with two rear bass reflex ports
- 2 x 15” : BOSS Original (Closed Back)
- 4 x 10” : SWR Goliath with a built-in horn-type tweeter (Closed Back)
- 8 x 10” : Ampeg 810E (Closed Back)
Guitar Cabinet IRs Created By Celestion Digital
- 1 x 12” Celestion Cream : Open Back
- 1 x 12” Celestion Ruby : Open Back
- 2 x 12” Celestion Blue : Open Back
- 2 x 12” Celestion Heritage G12H(55) : Open Back
- 2 x 12” Celestion Vintage 30 : Closed Back
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12T-75 : Closed Back
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12H-75 : Closed Back
- 4 x 12” Celestion G12M Greenback : Closed Back
- 4 x 12” Celestion Heritage G12H(55) : Closed Back
- 4 x 12” Celestion Vintage 30 : Closed Back
The IR-200’s inspiring amps sound and feel great to play, and they also interact nicely with drives and other pedal types in front. Eight guitar amps provide go-to platforms from classic clean, tweed, and class A to vintage and modern high-gain, while three bass amps offer rich, punchy sounds from clean to driven. Each amp type features responsive gain, bass, mid, and treble controls for dialing in core sounds quickly, and a noise suppressor is on hand for taming high-gain buzz. It’s also possible to bypass the amp section entirely and use the IR-200’s high-quality cab IRs with an amp/load box setup or external modeler.
Guitar Amp Types
- NATURAL : BOSS original amp type with balanced clean-to-driven sound
- JC-120 : Model of a Roland JC-120
- TWIN COMBO : Model of a Fender Twin Reverb
- DIAMOND AMP : Model of a VOX AC-30
- TWEED COMBO : Model of a ’59 Fender Bassman
- X-HI GAIN : BOSS original amp type that uses MDP (Multi-Dimensional Processing) technology to produce a high-gain sound with wide range and clarity
- BRITISH STACK : Model of a Marshall 1959 Super Lead
- BGR UB METAL : Model of the high-gain channel of a Bogner Uberschall
Offering deep sound-shaping tools and 128 memories, the IR-200 lets you build a library of setups for every playing situation. Use different amps for different styles, dial things in further with two parametric or graphic EQs, and add some space with one of three ambience effects. Two IRs can be used at once, allowing you to blend tones or create wide stereo sounds. There’s also an effects loop that can be positioned before or after the cab IR section, complete with support for stereo effects, series/parallel operation, and more. And at the end of the chain, two global EQs are available for final sound refinement.
With the IR-200’s display, panel controls, and flexible connectivity, you can perform with confidence on any stage. Grab the dedicated knobs to tweak tones in the heat of the moment, and send independent feeds to a stage amp and house PA via the two output jacks. Scroll through memories with the two onboard footswitches while performing, and control a variety of functions with external footswitches or an expression pedal. MIDI control is also available, allowing you to interface with other MIDI-equipped pedals and devices like the ES-8
Along with its other powerful features, the IR-200 is a high-quality USB audio interface for music recording and streaming software. Dedicated drivers provide a full range of audio interface functionality on macOS and Windows computers, while basic stereo audio streaming is possible with iOS devices. Record tracks and monitor audio with your computer DAW and re-amp sounds through your pedalboard and the IR-200’s amps and cab IRs. Or perform live on your favorite streaming platforms with fantastic direct sound.
The IR-200 is also equipped with a headphones jack for sound monitoring while practicing, recording, or playing live. You can play with normal stereo sound through headphones or switch in a cool surround effect for an immersive and inspiring sonic experience. There’s also a stereo aux input for playing jam tracks or backing music from your phone, a mixer, or another audio device.Company names and product names shown above are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. They are used because it is the most practical way of describing the sounds that are emulated using DSP technology.
Introducing BOSS IR-200 Amp & IR Cabinet
Boss demonstrates the IR-200
Rabea Massaad demonstrates the Boss IR-200 Amp and IR Cabinet Simulator Pedal